By using this website or web application (hereinafter the “Website”), you accept the General Terms and Conditions for using Rijk Zwaan websites as they are stated below. You also declare that you will not hold Rijk Zwaan Zaadteelt en Zaadhandel B.V. and/or one or more of its affiliated companies (collectively referred to as “Rijk Zwaan”), responsible or liable for any information, recommendations and/or advice this Website is containing. It is not allowed to use the Website of Rijk Zwaan without the acceptance of these General Terms and Conditions.
General Terms and Conditions for using Rijk Zwaan websites
1. This Website is composed with the utmost care, however is provided without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, that the information, which - but not solely - includes variety descriptions, cultivation advice and/or (other) technical advice, published or referred to on this Website, is complete and accurate and suitable for the purpose the user of this Website may give to it, and without implied warranties of non-infringement, compatibility, or security. Rijk Zwaan furthermore makes no warranty that the functionality of the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
2. Rijk Zwaan accepts no liability whatsoever for damages resulting directly or indirectly from the use of this Website, including without limitation consequential damages or loss of profit, loss of business, opportunity, or consequential damage to computer hardware, software and/or data resulting directly or indirectly from the use of this Website, unless it is a matter of intentional misconduct or gross negligence on the part of Rijk Zwaan.
3. Rijk Zwaan reserves the right to alter this Website and its content, including these General Terms and Conditions for using Rijk Zwaan websites, at any time. Rijk Zwaan will not be liable in any way for possible consequences of such changes. None other than Rijk Zwaan is permitted to alter this Website.
4. This Website may contain links or references to other websites. As Rijk Zwaan does not supervise the contents of third-party websites, Rijk Zwaan will not accept any responsibility or liability for information originating, directly or indirectly, from third-party websites.
5. This Website may contain references to varieties that are not available in a certain country. Such references do not imply under any circumstances whatsoever that Rijk Zwaan will, or has the intention to, sell that variety in that country.
6. All copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in the Website and its content (including without limitation the Website design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with the Website) are owned by or licensed to Rijk Zwaan or otherwise used by Rijk Zwaan as permitted by law. None of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written consent of the Rijk Zwaan. This excludes the downloading, copying and/or printing of pages of the Website for personal, non-commercial home use only.
7. The user of this Website itself is responsible for any information shared and/or made available through the Website (if any). When doing so, the user of this Website guarantees that it is authorized to share and/or make available such information through this Website and that said information is not:
• false, inaccurate or misleading;
• in violation of applicable laws or regulations or (intellectual property) rights of third parties;
• harmful, threatening, defamatory, intimidating, racist or offensive;
• harmful to persons or property, and / or;
• disrupting the proper functioning of the Website in any way;
and the User will indemnify Rijk Zwaan against any and all claims from third parties in this regard.
9. These General Terms and Conditions for using Rijk Zwaan websites are subject to the laws of The Netherlands. All disputes will be settled by the Court of Law in The Hague, The Netherlands. However Rijk Zwaan reserves the right to serve a summons on the user of the Website to appear in the court of the country where the latter has its registered office, or where the user has a real and effective industrial or commercial establishment.
General Terms and Conditions for using Rijk Zwaan websites, version 25 January 2022